Lest you think that all terrorist are lunatics hardened in the deserts of Afghanistan, Shahzad is a softspoken married naturalized US Citizen with a charming smile; And he will be in jail for life for attempting to blow up New York’s Times Square. Read the NY Post account here.
Here’s some more of what this “nice guy” said,
- If I am given a thousand lives, I will sacrifice them all for the sake of Allah fighting this cause, defending our lands, making the word of Allah supreme over any religion or system.
- We Muslims don’t abide by human-made laws, because they are always corrupt … the only true judgment will be on the day of resurrection when Allah will judge between me and you as to who is fighting for the just cause. (Editor’s Note: Most Muslims consider themselves to be perpetually in a state of defensive war, whereby all actions are sanctioned)
- We don’t accept your democracy nor your freedom, because we already have Sharia law and freedom. Furthermore, brace yourselves, because the war with Muslims has just begun. Consider me only a first droplet of the flood that will follow me.
- the defeat of U.S. is imminent and will happen in the near future, inshallah [Allah-willing], which will only give rise to much awaited Muslim caliphate [the return of the Mahdi, the Islamic “messiah”], which is the only true world order.
- And so it’s very clear for us Muslims, either we are with the mujahideen or we are with crusading losing Christians. There is no in between. Blessed the immigrants and the leader Sheikh Usama Bin Laden, who will be known as no less than Saladin of the 21 century crusade and blessed be those who give him asylum.
- My sentence, if you allow me to speak, will be only for the limit that God has given me life in this world. But if you people don’t become believers, the life that you would get in the hereafter, which you don’t believe in, will be forever. So I’m happy with the deal that God has given me.
Did you get that? He is HAPPY with his life sentence, but more importantly, for the opportunity to TERRORIZE UNBELIEVERS INTO TURNING TO ISLAM. Islamic writings support this:
- “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘I have been made victorious with terror.'” – Bukhari:V4B52N220
- “I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle.” – Qur’an:8:12
- “If you gain mastery over them in battle, inflict such a defeat as would terrorize them, so that they would learn a lesson and be warned.” – Qur’an:8:57
Shahzad spoke of intentionally lying [the Islamic notion of taqiyya: deceiving unbelievers to advance Islam] about his devotion to the United States, when he gave his oath at his naturalization ceremony last April,
THE COURT: All right. You became a naturalized American citizen some years ago, isn’t that right?
SHAHZAD: Yes. … I think it was April last year
THE COURT: Last year. Didn’t you swear allegiance to this country when you became an American citizen?
SHAHZAD: I did swear, but I did not mean it
THE COURT: I see. You took a false oath?
THE DEFENDANT: Yes.
Qur’an 3:28 warns Muslims not to take unbelievers as “friends or helpers” … “unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them.” This is a foundation of the idea that believers may legitimately deceive unbelievers when under pressure. The word used for “guard” in the Arabic is tuqātan, the verbal noun from taqiyyatan — hence the increasingly familiar term taqiyya. Ibn Kathir says that the phrase given above as “unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them” means that “believers who in some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers” may “show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never inwardly. For instance, Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Ad-Darda’ said, ‘We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them.’ Al-Bukhari said that Al-Hasan said, ‘The Tuqyah [taqiyya] is allowed until the Day of Resurrection.'”
Islamic writings support this too:
- “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘War is deceit.’ – Bukhari:V4B52N268
- “Whomever Allah wants to deceive you cannot help. Allah does not want them to know the truth because he intends to disgrace them and then torture them.” – Qur’an 5:41
- “By Muhammad’s order we beguiled them.” – Ishaq:442
Feeling beguiled yet? Maybe you still think Islam is a “religion of peace.”
We saw this “hate speech” just a couple weeks ago when a UW student fired off some vitriol at the “Stop the 911 Mosque” website. Know where he gets it? The Qur’an.
This kind of thinking – we must advance Islam at all costs, and the infidels WILL be converted or die – is found HUNDREDS of times in the Qur’an. The ones who perpetrate these acts are not anomalies, and they are not the “fringe” or “extremists”; They are the ones following the Qur’an to the letter.
Are all Muslims terrorists? Of course not. But moderates do not mean ANYTHING in the national argument, because terrorists set the agenda and the Qur’an also states that “moderates” should be killed too. My guess is you won’t hear many “moderate Muslims” speaking out about terrorists hijacking Islam, because
a) It’s not true, and
b) They would be killed (or at minimum severely threatened) for doing so.
And here’s a kicker where a New Jersy (Yemeni) Man in Custody for joining Al-Qaeda; Sharif Mobley spoke openly of jihad while working in a nuke plant. Just another day in PC America, and one day closer to the day we let some Muslim calmly blow Americans to bits while peacefully shaking our hands, shouting “Allahu akbar.” Why? There’s only one reason:
You just need to be aware of that.
One final note, Shahzad’s judge had this comment:
You appear to be someone who was capable of education, and I do hope that you will spend some of the time in prison thinking carefully about whether the Koran wants you to kill lots of people.
There is no question: it absolutely does.